• Blood was drawn to isolate the autologous peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs), 100 mL of serum was culture in RPMI-1640 complete medium and the cell concentration was adjusted. • The cytokines were complemented and recombinant human tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-) was added to induce the maturation of DCs.
• The tumor cell antigen was prepared and CIKs were induced.
• About 1×1010 DC-CIKs were collected and cultured at 12-14 d, centrifuged at 500 g for
10 mins, washed for 3 times, and resuspended in 200 mL normal saline and
supplemented with 2.5 mL of 20% human albumin.
All patients underwent CCRT, Docetaxel was Intravenously infused (75mg/m2) on day 1 and Cisplatin was Intravenously infused (25mg/m2) on 1-3 day for total of 4 cycles (28 d as 1 cycle) DC-CIK was Intravenously infused back to the patient within 1 hour, the DC-CIK group received 4 cycles of Chemotherapy and 2 cycles of DC-CIK Immunotherapy.
• Short term efficacy: in DC-CIK group were 23 patients (32.4%) had Complete Response (CR), 36 (50.7%) had partial response, 9 (12.7%) had stable disease and 3 (4.2%) had Progressive disease (PD)
• There is no significant difference were found on KPS and QoL scores between the 2 groups in 6 months after treatment.
• After 12 months of treatment, the DC-CIK group were evidently higher compared to CCRT group.
Docetaxel/Cisplatin CCRT combined with DC-CIK Immunotherapy can significantly enhance the cellular immunity, improved the long-term survival rate and raise quality of life of the patients with LANSCLC with tolerable adverse effects.
Article Reference link: click here
Scientific article publishing date 13/1/2017
Immucura identifier BSC21_030EN