All the patients were treated with lysate-loaded DCs (4.13×107 ± 0.27×107 cell/ injection) followed by 14 consecutive IL-2 injection. Two vaccination were subcutaneously (SC) administered in an area adjacent to the axillary lymph node at 4-week intervals.
- The vaccine was well tolerated in all the patients, common side effects were flu-like symptoms.
- 3 patients maintained the initial complete response inclusion status after DC vaccine for 83, 80.9 and 38.2 months without disease relapsed
- 5 patients (50%) achieved complete remission (CR), 2 patients had stable disease (SD) and 3 patients had progressive disease (PD)
- 1 patient with stable disease experienced the complete disappearance of tumor after vaccination and maintain for 50.8 months.
- Overall survival (OS) associated with DCV was determined in 6 follow- ups patients as 38.2-83.0 months with or without disease.
Immunotherapy for Ovarian cancer using combination of DCs and IL-2 is safe, and this treatment induced specific immunity and potentially associated with long-term clinical response against Ovarian Cancer.
The vaccination was well tolerated. In 3 out of 10 patients.
Article Reference link: click here
Scientific article publishing date : 30/6/2014
Immucura identifier : BSC21_003EN